Monday, January 14, 2013

New Nails, New Shoes

No work today yay! Decided to do my nails and make some galaxy shoes.
Please excuse my gross cuticles...
 
Essie's Bobbing For Baubles topped with Sephora By OPI's To the Glitter End!
Not sure if I applied the To the Glitter End! wrong, but I had the hardest time applying it to my nails. It applied very uneven and it made my nail polish streaky. This could be my fault for not letting Bobbing For Baubles dry long enough?

Next up!
 
Supplies
Canvas shoes: Vans, Toms (any color will do just paint the whole shoe black)
A sheet or two of newspaper(s)
Foam brush set
Painter's tape
Disposable paper plate
Tooth Brush
Michaels Craft Smart Acrylic Paints (Colors I Used):
Black
Navy
Island Blue
Grape Taffy
Plum
Light Pink
White
 
When I saw this on Youtube I was amazed by how stunning it looked so I decided to give it a try. I watched a million videos only to fail so miserably that I had to restart by painting my whole shoe black to start over. Funny how someone said it's really easier than it seems, when it was impossible for me! Being the artistically challenged person I am, these took me almost four hours to do (due to the restart). I also spent a lot of time looking at tutorials and pictures trying to figure out what I did wrong. I was so frustrated that I was not able to do it right that I almost gave up. Good thing I kept trying because the result looks amazing! I'm so in love with these shoes and I can't wait to wear them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment